'E-waste' means electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from Manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes. Liebherr Stands committed to implement E-Waste Management Program in line with CPCB norms and E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules – 2016.
Liebherr E-waste Recycling Policy
Under the guidelines of the Central Government of India, E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2016 have been notified. LIEBHERR stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. E-waste has been defined as: "Waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded". Whereas, Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as: "Equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to fully functional". In general terms e-waste is any end of life electronic product which is scrap and can not be used in any manner e.g. air conditioners, refrigerator, batteries, television, mobiles, etc. Managing of e-waste from cooling appliances is most important because it contains harmful substances like oil or refrigerant which can endanger the environment and human health. By scientific disposal of e-waste we can save our environment and also prevent its potential negative consequences on human health. There is need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste.
Impact of improper handling/ dumping/disposal/accidental breakage/recycling of E- waste:
Toxic material present in e-waste get mixed with earth, air, water etc and causes health issues.
Oil & Gases which are present in the appliances can cause environmental pollution.
Batteries contains highly hazardous substances.
Burning of rubber and plastics (including foam) can cause air pollution and can have a bad impact on human being and animals.
- Wastage of natural resources.
How can you recycle the E-Waste Products? (Do’s):
- All electrical and electronic products are required to be handed over only to the authorized recycler for recycling and disposal.
- Keep the e-waste in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
- You can deposit your appliance for e-waste directly at the collection centers. For information of collection centers, please call on Toll free number 1800-233-3444.
Don'ts for E- Waste:
- The product should not be opened by the User himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
- To protect the environment neither the cooling circuit shouldn't be damaged nor the compressor removed before the oil and refrigerant was suck up professionally.
- The product is not meant for re-sale to any unauthorized agencies/scrap dealer.
- The product is not meant for mixing into household waste stream.
- Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area.
For any assistance/guidance for disposal of e-waste please call on Toll free number 1800-233-3444.
Collection Mechanisms of E-Waste
For collection of E-waste Liebherr has set up toll free number where anyone may call and register itself for disposal of E-waste.
1. Customer Calls On Tool Free Number for Pick-up of E-Waste
2. Customer Care Officer Will Collect Details of Address for Pick up
3. Liebherr Arrange Pick up Facility to Collect E-Waste
4. Collect and Channelize E-Waste through Authorized E-Waste Recycling Partner
For any assistance/guidance for disposal of E-waste please call on our Toll free number 1800-233-3444