Our top tips for keeping your appliance in the best condition
From our experts to you, put your trust in those who know your appliance best.
Keep scrolling for advice on how to keep your appliance in the best shape as the weather heats up this summer.
• Clean your door seal regularly. Keeping the seal clean will prevent anything that might affect the door closing properly.
• Check your temperature settings.
• 18°C is the optimum temperature for most freezers.
• Keep your appliance cool – an appliance positioned near a radiator (or any other heat source) will need to work harder to keep the contents cool.
• If you have a fridge-freezer, ensure your appliance is used in an ambient temperature of 10°C and above.
• Fill the space in your freezer so that there is less air to keep cool, but don’t over pack it.
• Clean your condenser grill (this is also helpful as the weather heats up)
• Cold storage accumulators can help fill space, keep the products cold when the door is open, provide backup in the event of a power failure, and make handy cool packs for picnics!
Take a look at our FreshMag blog for helpful articles on how to organise your appliance!FreshMag articles
Things to be aware of in the hotter weather
Most of our appliances that we offer work in a temperature range of 10 to 40°C. In summer of 2022 we got near 40°C, if we experience the same weather you need to be aware your appliance will need to work much harder. There are a few simple things you can do to help your appliance in the hotter weather:
*Reduce door openings.
*Increase ventilation if possible leave a 3cm gap around the appliance, this will only work for freestanding appliances.
*Ensure the condenser grill is clear of dust. This helps remove heat from the appliance.
*If your appliance is in a hot kitchen; be sure to open doors or windows and keep your appliance out of direct sunlight.